Opening Day is May 27, 2017!
Relax and catch some sun! At the Family Aquatic Center, you can enjoy a zero-depth leisure pool with 6 lap lanes, zero-depth pool with water falls, sprays & jets, 700-foot lazy river, body & inner tube slides, fully enclosed body flume, sand play area, shade umbrellas, lounge chairs, lockers, and concessions.
Season Pass & Daily Admission Fees
2017 Season Pass
|Through April 30||Beginning May 1|
Save 10% on your season pass if purchased by April 30*.
Season pass holders receive special benefits that are unavailable to daily participants:
- Free admission to Parent/Tot Swim, Monday – Saturday
- $25 Fitness Swim Pass (Adult Water Walking & Lap Swim)
- $50 discount on private rentals
- Out of town guests, of season pass holders pay, only $1 over the resident rate (limit of 4).
- New season pass holders will receive a special welcome kit at the time of registration.
How to Purchase a Season Pass
• Online, or in-person at the Sullivan, Lakeview Fitness or Family Aquatic Centers.
• Mail or fax completed Family Aquatic Center Season Pass Form with payment to the Sullivan Center.
• If applying for resident rates, current proof of residency must be up to date. Vernon Hills and Hawthorn District 73 residents will receive resident rates by providing the following proof of residency:
Proof of Residency (Adults ages 16 & older)
• Current drivers license OR a State of Illinois ID card, AND
• Current real estate tax bill or utility bill (no older than 60 days), or proof of recent real estate closing.
• Your Aquatic Season Pass fob can be re-used! Validate it when you pay for the new season.
• New members purchasing a season pass must have their pass photo taken before visiting the Family
Aquatic Center. (Family members do not have to come in for ID photos at the same time).
To qualify for resident rates, you will need to prove residency. Click here to learn how.
Season Pass Guidelines
• Passes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
• Previously purchased Daily Admissions cannot be applied towards a Season Pass.
• There is a $5 fee to replace a lost or stolen pass. Should you lose your pool pass, we recommend that you replace it as soon as possible; otherwise you will be charged the daily admission fee to enter the facility.
• Family Aquatic Center season passes are considered to be property of the Vernon Hills Park District, and may be suspended or revoked at any time for just cause.
2017 Daily Admission Fees
|Daily Rate (4-61 years)||$9||$12|
|Senior (62+ years)||$7||$9|
|Children (3 & younger)||Free||Free|
|Twilight Rate*||50% off||50% off|
|*Twilight rates are valid during the last two hours of operation.|
Hawthorn School District 73 families, that do not reside within Park District boundaries, are not eligible to receive resident daily admission rates. However, District 73 families may purchase season passes at resident rates.
Aquatic Center Closing Information
Weather Hotline: (847) 996-6616
The Park District reserves the right to close the entire Aquatic Center, or portions thereof, under the following conditions:
• Air temperature below 68°
• Fewer than 25 people in the pool for at least 30 minutes
• Threatening weather conditions
• Other safety concerns or lack of attendance
If thunder and lightning or other inclement weather are seen at the Family Aquatic Center, all patrons are expected to either go into the bathhouses or exit the facility and wait in their car until weather passes. Waiting under an umbrella on the pool deck or in the concession stand is prohibited. No refunds will be given if the facility closes due to inclement weather.
Pool/Aquatic Center Closings
One lap/leisure pool is closed for swim lessons Monday through Friday from 10:30 am – Noon.
Four lap lanes are closed Monday through Thursday from 7- 8 pm for swim team practice.
The main lap pool will be closed 6/21, 7/5 and 7/19 from 4:30 pm until closing for Turtles swim meets.
The Family Aquatic Center is closed to the public for:
• Flick ‘N Float on July 22 at 5 pm
• Summer Splash on August 4 at 4:30 pm
1. Children under the age of 11 are not allowed to enter or remain in the facility unless accompanied in the water by a person at least 16 years of age who knows how to swim. Those children 8 and under must have an adult 16 years or older within arms-reach of the child wherever they go in the facility. The following ratios for adult supervisors to children in the water have been established:
-One person at least 16 years old: Up to 5 children under 8 years old
-One person at least 16 years old: Up to 12 children, 8-10 years old
-One person at least 16 years old: Up to 5 children, mixed age group
2. No outside food or drink is allowed in the facility. Food and drink are available to be purchased at the concession stand.
3. Alcohol is not permitted in the facility. Persons under the influence of alcohol or exhibiting erratic behavior will not be permitted in the facility.
4. The use of cameras and video equipment is prohibited.
5. All patrons must have proper swimsuits. Articles of clothing, such as cut-offs, jean shorts, and T-shirts, are not acceptable for swimming. This includes t-shirts worn over swimsuits.
6. Children not toilet-trained must wear tight fitting rubber/plastic pants or swim diaper.
7. Change infants/toddlers diapers in a bathroom. Never rinse off an un-diapered child in the pool.
8. The Family Aquatic Center complies with the procedures recommended by the Illinois Department of Public Health. In the event of a fecal or vomit accident the water area will be closed for 30 minutes. We will test the affected area, and if readings fall within the appropriate ranges, the pool will reopen.
9. Swimmers must take a head to toe shower before entering the water.
10. Remove all valuables and lock in a locker before entering the water. Locker keys are available at the front desk. Vernon Hills Park District is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
11. Toys, equipment and flotation devices are subject to the approval of management. Flotation devices such as water wings, noodles and rafts will not be allowed. Swim fins and snorkels are also prohibited. Children wearing a coast guard approved flotation device must be accompanied by an adult 16 years or older at all times.
12. Two lap lanes will be reserved for lap swimming during open swim except during swim lessons. Patrons over the age of 16 receive priority use of the lap lanes.
13. Safety breaks are scheduled every 90 minutes throughout the day between noon and 5:00 pm. At this time, only adults and small children under the age of 3 accompanied by an adult are allowed in the water. During safety breaks, children 3-15 years must exit the water, and keep their hands and legs out of the water and pool gutters until safety break is over.
14. Persons with skin disease, communicable disease, open lesions, nasal or ear discharges, or wearing bandages will not be permitted to use the pool. A written physician’s statement will be required of those with a skin rash, disease, or open sore.
15. The area between the two main leisure pools must remain clear of all chairs and personal belongings. This area is reserved for lifeguard and emergency staff should an emergency action plan need to be executed.
16. Lifeguards are responsible for enforcing safety rules and responding to emergencies.
17. Parents or guardians should supervise their children.
18. The Vernon Hills Park District reserves the right to add additional rules and policies or enforce current rules and policies more strictly as needed without notice.
19. If you have already paid, you may reenter the facility. You must get a hand stamp at the front entrance before you leave.
20. For safety reasons, some aquatic features are subject to height restrictions as set by the manufacturer and supported by our insurance carrier. Riders on the Lazy River must be at least 42” tall; children under 48” tall must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Riders on any slide must be 48” tall to ride the slide without a life jacket. Riders, 42”-47” tall may ride the slides with a coast guard approved life jacket. Patrons below 42” tall are prohibited from riding the slides.
21. The District attempts to maintain the water at a temperature of 82 degrees Fahrenheit.
Aquatic Programs, Parties & Rentals
The Family Aquatic Center offers Adult Water Walking in the lazy river as well Adult Lap Swim. These are drop-in programs for a minimal fee or an “aquatic fitness pass” can be purchased for the season. Parent/Tot Swim is offered for children 5 years and younger. This is also a drop-in program for a minimal fee or season pass holders may attend for free.
The Family Aquatic Center is available for birthday parties or private rentals of the entire facility.
Click here to learn more about Family Aquatic Center Programs and Rentals
Click here to learn about the District’s Swim Lesson Program