Addressing the lifelong leisure needs of all Vernon Hills residents
Family Aquatic Center
3 slides, 2 pools, 1 lazy river, plus so much more!
Zero Depth Entry
Zero Depth Entry
Sand Play Area
Deepest Area: 4.5 feet
Deepest Area: 3.5 feet
6 Lap Lanes
Play Features (5 years & younger)
Mushroom Play Feature
Tot Slide in the zero depth area
2022 Season Pass Fees
Season Passes…your best value! Season pass includes:
• Free admission to Parent Tot Swim, Monday-Friday
• $50 discount on private rentals
• Season passholders’ guests only pay $1 over the resident rate – limit 4 per passholder per season
• New passholders receive a special Welcome Kit!
Purchase by April 30
Beginning May 1
Purchase a Season Pass
Senior 62+ Daily*
Purchase at Sullivan Center
Purchase at Sullivan Center
Individuals, 3 years and younger, do not require a pass to visit the Family Aquatic Center.
*Hawthorn School District 73 families, that do not reside within Park District boundaries, are not eligible to receive resident daily admission rates.
**Additional Pass may be purchased after an Individual Pass is purchased. Pass holders must reside in the same household.
How to Purchase a Season Pass Online, or in-person at any District facility.
• New passholders must have a photo taken before visiting the Family Aquatic Center
• Your aquatic season pass fob can be re-used! Validate it when you pay for the new season
• When applying for resident rates, current proof of residency must be up to date. Vernon Hills and Hawthorn District 73 residents will receive resident rates by providing the following:
1. Proof of Residency (Adults ages 16 and older)
2. Current drivers license OR a State of Illinois ID card, AND
3. Current real estate tax bill or utility bill (no older than 60 days), or proof of recent real estate closing
Adult (18+ Years) Lap Swim
Swimming is great exercise in the summer! Adults are invited to come early for lap swim before the pools are open to the public. Admission to Lap Swim does not include the cost of daily admission. Swimmers must exit the Family Aquatic Center until the facility re-opens to the public.
7:30- 9 am
Parents, bring your toddler and hang out at the pool on those hot mornings before lunch and nap time. The Family Aquatic Center is offering open swim in the mornings for children 5 years and under who are accompanied by a parent. No more than two children per adult. Season pass holders and children, 3 and younger, are FREE!
Family Aquatic Center Private Rentals
Imagine having the lazy river and all three slides for your exclusive use! Lap swim at your leisure! Tots can play in a wide open zero-depth entry pool! You may rent out the entire Family Aquatic Center, or portions thereof, on a first-come, first-served basis.
Fridays, 8:30-10:30 pm
Saturdays, 7:30-10:30 pm
Private Rentals for 200 people maximum
Lazy River & Slides
Leisure Pools Only
Each Additional Guest
Family Aquatic Center Birthday Parties
Birthday packages include access to the entire aquatic center, a private grass party area, and one hour in the concession area.
The fees listed below are for parties up to 15 guests, party packages are limited to 30 guests.
Fee for 15 guests
Hot Dog or Hamburger
Hot Dog or Hamburger
Ice Cream Cake
Reserve a Birthday Party
Complete the Birthday Party form available at the Sullivan Community Center. Return the Birthday Party Form at least two weeks prior to your party with payment. The remaining fee (if applicable) is due the day of party.
Aquatic Center Closing Information Weather Hotline: (847) 996-6616
The Park District reserves the right to close the entire Aquatic Center, or portions thereof, under the following conditions:
• Air temperature below 68°
• Fewer than 25 people in the pool for at least 30 minutes
• Threatening weather conditions
• Other safety concerns or lack of attendance
If thunder and lightning or other inclement weather are seen at the Family Aquatic Center, all patrons are expected to either go into the bathhouses or exit the facility and wait in their car until weather passes. Waiting under an umbrella on the pool deck or in the concession stand is prohibited. No refunds will be given if the facility closes due to inclement weather.
1. Children under the age of 11 are not allowed to enter or remain in the facility unless accompanied in the water by a person at least 16 years of age who knows how to swim. Those children 8 and under must have an adult 16 years or older within arms-reach of the child wherever they go in the facility.
2. Alcohol is not permitted in the facility. Persons under the influence of alcohol or exhibiting erratic behavior will not be permitted in the facility.
3. The use of cameras and video equipment is allowed.
4. All patrons must have proper swimsuits. Articles of clothing, such as cut-offs, jean shorts, and T-shirts, are not acceptable for swimming. This includes t-shirts worn over swimsuits.
5. Children not toilet-trained must wear tight fitting rubber/plastic pants or swim diaper.
6. Change infants/toddlers diapers in a bathroom. Never rinse off an un-diapered child in the pool.
7. The Family Aquatic Center complies with the procedures recommended by the Illinois Department of Public Health. In the event of a fecal or vomit accident the water area will be closed for 30 minutes. We will test the affected area, and if readings fall within the appropriate ranges, the pool will reopen.
8. Swimmers must take a head to toe shower before entering the water.
9. Vernon Hills Park District is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
10. Toys, equipment and flotation devices are subject to the approval of management. Flotation devices such as water wings, noodles and rafts will not be allowed. Swim fins and snorkels are also prohibited. Children wearing a coast guard approved flotation device must be accompanied by an adult 16 years or older at all times.
11. Persons with skin disease, communicable disease, open lesions, nasal or ear discharges, or wearing bandages are not permitted to use the pool. A written physician’s statement is required of those with a skin rash, disease, or open sore.
12. The area between the two main leisure pools must remain clear of all chairs and personal belongings. This area is reserved for lifeguard and emergency staff should an emergency action plan need to be executed.
13. Lifeguards are responsible for enforcing safety rules and responding to emergencies.
14. Parents or guardians should supervise their children.
15. The Vernon Hills Park District reserves the right to add additional rules and policies or enforce current rules and policies more strictly as needed without notice.
16. If you have already paid, you may reenter the facility. You must get a hand stamp at the front entrance before you leave.
17. The District attempts to maintain the water at a temperature of 82 degrees Fahrenheit.