Addressing the lifelong leisure needs of all Vernon Hills residents
Family Aquatic Center
2020 Opening Day is May 23!
Relax and catch some sun! At the Family Aquatic Center, you can enjoy a zero-depth leisure pool with 6 lap lanes, zero-depth pool with water falls, sprays & jets, 700-foot lazy river, body & inner tube slides, fully enclosed body flume, sand play area, shade umbrellas, lounge chairs, lockers, and concessions by Bo-Bo’s Poolside.
Save 10% on your season pass if purchased by April 30*.
Season pass holders receive special benefits that are unavailable to daily participants:
Free admission to Parent/Tot Swim, Monday – Saturday
$36 Fitness Swim Pass (Adult Water Walking & Lap Swim)
$50 discount on private rentals
Out of town guests of season pass holders pay only $1 over the resident rate (limit of 4).
New season pass holders will receive a special welcome kit at the time of registration.
How to Purchase a Season Pass
• Online, or in-person at the Sullivan, Lakeview Fitness or Family Aquatic Centers.
• New members must have their pass photo taken before vising the Family Aquatic Center.
• Mail or fax completed Family Aquatic Center Season Pass Form with payment to the Sullivan Center.
• Your Aquatic Season Pass fob can be re-used! Validate it when you pay for the new season.
• If applying for resident rates, current proof of residency must be up to date. Vernon Hills and Hawthorn District 73 residents will receive resident rates by providing the following proof of residency:
Proof of Residency (Adults ages 16 & older)
• Current drivers license OR a State of Illinois ID card, AND
• Current real estate tax bill or utility bill (no older than 60 days), or proof of recent real estate closing.
• New members purchasing a season pass must have their pass photo taken before visiting the Family
Aquatic Center. (Family members do not have to come in for ID photos at the same time).
Season Pass Guidelines
• Passes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
• Previously purchased Daily Admissions cannot be applied towards a Season Pass.
• Your Aquatic Season Pass fob can be re-used! Validate it when you pay for the new season.
• There is a $5 fee to replace a lost or stolen pass. Should you lose your pool pass, we recommend that you replace it as soon as possible; otherwise you will be charged the daily admission fee to enter the facility.
• Family Aquatic Center season passes are considered to be property of the Vernon Hills Park District, and may be suspended or revoked at any time for just cause.
*Twilight rates are valid during the last two hours of operation.
Hawthorn School District 73 families, that do not reside within Park District boundaries, are not eligible to receive resident daily admission rates. However, District 73 families may purchase season passes at resident rates.
New in 2020! Adult 18+ FAC season pass holders are able to purchase a discounted 15-punch pass to Lakeview Fitness. One Lakeview Fitness punch pass per Family Aquatic Center pass purchase is allowed. Punch pass must be purchased by June 12, 2020. Punch-pass valid May 23-September 7, 2020.
Add a Fitness Swim Pass to your Family Aquatic Center or Lakeview Fitness membership! Come to the Family Aquatic Center for your morning workout. Adults, 18+ years can participate in Water Walking and Lap Swim all summer long. Visit the Sullivan Community Center or Lakeview Fitness to purchase.
Take a walk in our Lazy River! Admission to Water Walking does not include the cost of daily admission to the Family Aquatic Center. Swimmers must exit the Family Aquatic Center until it re-opens to the public. The Lazy River will be for water walking only. Lap swimming will only be allowed in the main lap pool.
Adult Lap Swim (18+ Years)
Swimming is great exercise in the summer! Adults are invited to come early for lap swim before the pools are open to the public. Admission to Lap Swim does not include the cost of daily admission. Swimmers must exit the Family Aquatic Center until the facility re-opens to the public.
Parent & Tot Open Swim
Season pass holders and children, 5 years and younger, are admitted free!
Parents, bring your toddler and hang out at the pool on those hot mornings before lunch and nap time. The Family Aquatic Center is offering open swim in the mornings for children 5 and under who are accompanied by a parent. No more than two children per adult.
Family Aquatic Center Rentals
The Family Aquatic Center is the perfect place to celebrate a birthday or special event! We offer a variety of packages to meet your party needs. Rent the entire facility for those family reunions, scout gatherings or corporate picnics. If you prefer, schedule a party and share the facility with others.
Reservation: All reservation requests must be submitted at least two weeks prior to your requested rental date, and after May 1. Reservation forms are available at the Sullivan Community Center. Payment is due in full at the time of reservation. Parties and rentals are not available after mid-August.
Private Rentals for Groups and Corporate Events
Imagine having the lazy river and all three slides for your exclusive use! Lap swim at your leisure! Tots can play in a wide open zero-depth entry pool! You may rent out the entire Family Aquatic Center, or portions thereof, on a first-come, first-served basis on Fridays, 8:30-10:30 pm and Saturdays, 7:30-10:30 pm. To ensure proper staffing, a minimum of 2 weeks notice is required.
Hourly Rental R/NR rates up to 200 people
Lazy River and Slides
Leisure Pools Only
Each Additional Guest
Friends and family of all ages can enjoy the Aquatic Center with two zero depth entry leisure pools, a winding lazy river, three water slides, and a sand play area.
All packages include access to the entire aquatic center, a private grass party area, and one hour in the concession area. Choose the package below that best fits
your needs. Return the Birthday Party Form, available at the Sullivan Community Center, with payment to the Park District, two weeks prior to your event.
The fees listed below are for parties up to 15 guests.
The remaining fee (if applicable) is due the day of party.
Party packages are limited to 30 guests.
Aquatic Center Closing Information Weather Hotline: (847) 996-6616
The Park District reserves the right to close the entire Aquatic Center, or portions thereof, under the following conditions:
• Air temperature below 68°
• Fewer than 25 people in the pool for at least 30 minutes
• Threatening weather conditions
• Other safety concerns or lack of attendance
If thunder and lightning or other inclement weather are seen at the Family Aquatic Center, all patrons are expected to either go into the bathhouses or exit the facility and wait in their car until weather passes. Waiting under an umbrella on the pool deck or in the concession stand is prohibited. No refunds will be given if the facility closes due to inclement weather.
Pool/Aquatic Center Closings
The main lap pool will be closed for Turtles swim meets:
June 24 at 4 pm
July 15 at 4 pm
The Family Aquatic Center is closed to the public for:
• June 27 at 4:30 pm – Family Camp Out
• July 1 at 5 pm – Flick ‘N Float
• July 8 at 5 pm – Teen Pool Party
• July 22 at 5 pm – Flick ‘N Float
• July 29 at 5 pm – Harry Potter Pool Party
• August 1 at 5 pm – Finns Up
1. Children under the age of 11 are not allowed to enter or remain in the facility unless accompanied in the water by a person at least 16 years of age who knows how to swim. Those children 8 and under must have an adult 16 years or older within arms-reach of the child wherever they go in the facility. The following ratios for adult supervisors to children in the water have been established:
-One person at least 16 years old: Up to 5 children under 8 years old
-One person at least 16 years old: Up to 12 children, 8-10 years old
-One person at least 16 years old: Up to 5 children, mixed age group
2. No outside food or drink is allowed in the facility. Food and drink are available to be purchased at the concession stand.
3. Alcohol is not permitted in the facility. Persons under the influence of alcohol or exhibiting erratic behavior will not be permitted in the facility.
4. The use of cameras and video equipment is prohibited.
5. All patrons must have proper swimsuits. Articles of clothing, such as cut-offs, jean shorts, and T-shirts, are not acceptable for swimming. This includes t-shirts worn over swimsuits.
6. Children not toilet-trained must wear tight fitting rubber/plastic pants or swim diaper.
7. Change infants/toddlers diapers in a bathroom. Never rinse off an un-diapered child in the pool.
8. The Family Aquatic Center complies with the procedures recommended by the Illinois Department of Public Health. In the event of a fecal or vomit accident the water area will be closed for 30 minutes. We will test the affected area, and if readings fall within the appropriate ranges, the pool will reopen.
9. Swimmers must take a head to toe shower before entering the water.
10. Remove all valuables and lock in a locker before entering the water. Vernon Hills Park District is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
11. Toys, equipment and flotation devices are subject to the approval of management. Flotation devices such as water wings, noodles and rafts will not be allowed. Swim fins and snorkels are also prohibited. Children wearing a coast guard approved flotation device must be accompanied by an adult 16 years or older at all times.
12. Two lap lanes will be reserved for lap swimming during open swim except during swim lessons. Patrons over the age of 16 receive priority use of the lap lanes.
13. Safety breaks are scheduled every 90 minutes throughout the day between noon and 5:00 pm. At this time, only adults and small children under the age of 3 accompanied by an adult are allowed in the water. During safety breaks, children 3-15 years must exit the water, and keep their hands and legs out of the water and pool gutters until safety break is over.
14. Persons with skin disease, communicable disease, open lesions, nasal or ear discharges, or wearing bandages will not be permitted to use the pool. A written physician’s statement will be required of those with a skin rash, disease, or open sore.
15. The area between the two main leisure pools must remain clear of all chairs and personal belongings. This area is reserved for lifeguard and emergency staff should an emergency action plan need to be executed.
16. Lifeguards are responsible for enforcing safety rules and responding to emergencies.
17. Parents or guardians should supervise their children.
18. The Vernon Hills Park District reserves the right to add additional rules and policies or enforce current rules and policies more strictly as needed without notice.
19. If you have already paid, you may reenter the facility. You must get a hand stamp at the front entrance before you leave.
20. For safety reasons, some aquatic features are subject to height restrictions as set by the manufacturer and supported by our insurance carrier. Riders on the Lazy River must be at least 42” tall; children under 48” tall must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Riders on any slide must be 48” tall to ride the slide without a life jacket. Riders, 42”-47” tall may ride the slides with a coast guard approved life jacket. Patrons below 42” tall are prohibited from riding the slides.
21. The District attempts to maintain the water at a temperature of 82 degrees Fahrenheit.