The New Skate Park is Open!
The new Skate Park located in the Sullivan Community Center/Family Aquatic Center parking lot area is now open.
• Caution: The Use of this Recreational Park comes with Inherent Risks of Serious Injury
• This Park is not Supervised – Skate at your own risk.
• Proper Protective Equipment is required including helmets and pads.
• No Alterations to the Skate Park are allowed including homemade ramps, boxes, and other devices.
• Glass objects are prohibited.
• Alcohol, tobacco, drugs, and profanity are prohibited.
• Please put all trash in containers provided.
• Please inspect your equipment before skating.
New Skate Park Construction Photos
Watch our progress!
April 23, 2020 – Trees are planted and 12 pallets of sod was laid down.
April 6, 2020 – The Skate Park structure is complete! Landscaping is the next phase.
April 2, 2020 – Drone photos courtesy of Mike Storto, Cable Coordinator, Village of Vernon Hills
April 2, 2020- Concrete installation in progress as well as edge painting.
March 25, 2020 – Cement is being poured into the forms.
March 18, 2020 – Drainage is installed; excavation, stonework, and form work is in progress; bio-retention area is excavated and stone installed