Sullivan Community Center Rental Information
|Sunday||9 am – 9 pm|
|Monday-Thursday||8 am – 9 pm|
|Friday||8 am – 11 pm|
|Saturday||9 am – 11 pm|
*Extension of rental time must be arranged at least 10 business days prior to the event. Rental times cannot be extended on the day of the event.
Rentals begin at the Set-up Start Time stated on your Rental Request form. Please check in with the rental attendant when you arrive. The room is not available to enter prior to the Set-up Start Time.
The renter and guests must vacate the facility by the Clean-up End Time as indicated on the Rental Request form. The renter will incur a penalty of double the hourly rate for every 15 minutes present after the Clean-up End Time.
- If the renter is unable to reserve the rental in person, she must choose a designated renter. The renter must submit in writing the designated renter’s information to the Sullivan Community Center’s customer service desk at least 10 business days prior to the event date.
- Renter, or designated renter, must be present for the entire rental and is responsible to ensure all activities are following required rules and regulations.
- Room rentals that require local, county, state or federal licensing must have the written permission of the Vernon Hills Park District Executive Director.
- Pets are prohibited with the exception of service animals.
- Audio/visual equipment may be available for use. Please inquire prior to your rental.
- Tables and chairs are provided unless otherwise specified on the Rental Request form. Facility lobby furniture is not available for renter use.
- Rentals that include the kitchen must supply their own utensils. Park District kitchen supplies are not available for use by rental groups or their caterers.
- Alcohol, smoking, gambling, and games of chance are not prohibited on Vernon Hills Park District property. If any of the aforementioned are present at your rental, your rental will end immediately. Rental fees will be forfeited and your damage deposit will not be refunded.
- Chargeable damages include the rental room(s) not being left in pre-rental condition, damage to equipment or the rental room(s). If damages are apparent, the renter will be billed accordingly. The renter responsible for any such damages may be denied future use of Vernon Hills Park District facilities.
- The Vernon Hills Park District is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- The Vernon Hills Park District reserves the right to approve or deny any request submitted for a facility rental and to revoke any request previously granted, at any time, if it is determined that the request contained any misrepresentations or false statements. A reservation can be revoked if any condition set forth in the policy governing the request is not being complied with, or that the safety of the participants in the activities of the applicant or other patrons or visitor to the facility is endangered by the continuation of such activity.
- The rental fee and damage deposit are due at the time of reservation.
- The hourly rental fee begins with your Set-up Start Time through your Clean-up End Time as stated on your Rental Request form.
- Damage Deposit Refunds: Credit card refunds will be refunded directly to the original credit card approximately one to two weeks after your event. Cash or check refunds will be mailed in check form within 5 weeks of the event.
Rental Room Set-up
The set-up for your event is due 10 business days prior to the event date. Changes are not permitted 10 business days before event date. Email your set-up to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rental Cancellation Policy
- Cancellations requested 30 days in advance of your rental date will be refunded less 10% of the facility rental rate.
- Cancellation requests received less than 30 days of the event are subject to administrative approval and will incur a cancellation fee.
- Cancellations within 10 business days will not be refundable.
- Damage deposits will be refunded for all cancellations.
- Renter and guests are restricted to the room(s) specified on the Rental Request form with the exception of restrooms and use of the water fountains.
- Parking is only permitted in the designated facility parking lot.
- Guests, 17 years and younger, are required to have an adult chaperone at all times.
- Street shoes as well as wet, muddy, or snow boots are not permitted on the gymnasium floor.
- Renter is responsible for leaving the rental room(s) in the same condition prior to Set-up Start Time.
- Rental décor: Masking and painters tape are allowed on walls; for safety, extension cords must be taped down; Bluetooth speakers with the volume kept to a minimum. Nails, glue, and scotch tape on walls are prohibited.
- Garbage bags are provided for use. Please put garbage bags in one area at the conclusion of the rental.